1. Participants must complete the marked course on foot under their own power.
2. Participants are required to be semi self-sufficient. You must have your mandatory equipment with you at all times during the race. Participants cannot take any food and support except for officially provided ones by Race Staff at the CP. Support outside the checkpoints is not allowed, except in an emergency.
3. You must carry the mandatory gear at all times during the event. Random gear checks will be performed during the event at CP and any point of the course. Any participant without the mandatory gear will incur a penalty ranging from a time penalty to disqualification based on the severity of the breach. 1st to 10th ranked runners will must be checked their mandatory gears at the finish line.
4. Refreshments at the checkpoints are reserved for runners only.
5. Race numbers must be visible at all times on the outside of clothing (at the front).
6. If you withdraw from the event, you must inform event officials and sign the withdrawal form at the closest checkpoint (unless assisted from the course by first aid crews).
7. If you need first aid help on the course you must contact race staff.
8. Stay on the marked course. Short cuts are strictly prohibited.
9. You must obey directions of checkpoint staff and course marshals at all times. If you don’t leave CP until cut-off times you must withdraw from the race as instructed. The time clock will be showed at every Check Point.
10. Damaging or disturbing any flora or fauna is strictly prohibited.
11. Doping and the use of prohibited drugs are strictly prohibited.
12. The participant is responsible for the actions of their family and friends. Family and friends of the participants must comply with all instructions from event staff and officials. The participant may be penalized or disqualified for actions or breaches of the rules by their family and friends. They must follow the instructions of all checkpoint staff including requests to vacate certain sections of the checkpoint area. The event organizers are not responsible for the safety of them.
13. Ensure your own safety and that of others. Be considerate of other trail and road users at all times. Take great care when crossing or running on roads.
14. If another runner is injured or in distress, please assist. The race organizer will gladly deduct from your finishing time any time spent assisting an injured or distressed fellow participant.
15. Korea 50K has its own event insurance. This does not include personal accident of participants. We recommend that you have your own personal accident cover.
16. The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the event rules and requirements, route and/ or other arrangements, as they deem appropriate.
17. Any rule that is not mentioned here will be controlled by the decision of Korea 50k organizing team.